Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Inspiring Women

I have been reading the blogs of some amazing women. It's what spurred me to me to begin this blog and start writing again. Most of these ladies are battling infertility. This is a challenge I am so very lucky not to have faced. I conceived very easily with my daughter and, despite efforts to NOT conceive, with my ectopic. Breastfeeding AND the mini-pill is generally enough to keep you not pregnant - but apparently not in my case. With my family complete, how I wish I could give the gift of easy fertility to my friends who struggle each day, each cycle, each month. I am not sure how I found these blogs. I had followed Tertia's story on a message board and was so touched by her journey and the strength carrying her through it. When they limited access to her board, I gracefully bowed out as I am not one of the IF Sisterhood, and in reality was an interloper in the time I spent there. I had introduced a real life friend to the boards and I think it was she who gave me the link to Tertia's blog. From there, it was an easy slide into the many blogs I visit each day. Julie put together a most comprehensive list of blogs to visit. It's impossible to choose favorites among all of these clever and eloquent ladies. Check out getupgrrl, Persephone, and Julia. They all share their stories and thoughts with such candor, humor and in beautifully pleasing prose. Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home