Saturday, December 11, 2004

Anxiety and a Great Deal

I am a big ole wimp. OK. That's really only true in one aspect. The dentist. I absolutely HATE going to the dentist. I *try* to go every 6 months like a good girl, but I just can't. I can't make myself go. I know. It's horrible. I once went almost 5 years without seeing a dentist at all and wound up getting a wisdom tooth taken out at 10:30 on a Saturday night. It broke in half. That started me going regularly for a while, but then we moved back to Massachusetts and that was the end of that. We've been home almost 5 years. I think I've been to the dentist twice or three times since we got back. I just hate it. I hate the scraping, I hate the tugging and pulling, and I HATE the frigging polisher. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. For a while now, I have been contemplating getting one of those Oral B sonic toothbrushes because they are supposed to be wonderful at removing plaque and keeping your gums healthy and all that stuff. To my way of thinking....great! Another thing to help keep me out of the dentist's chair. I know!!! It's horrible! Grow up, Rachel. Anyway, I got one of those coupons that print at the register from CVS for $20 off one of these fancy shmancy toothbrushes. Then, I noticed that they were 20% off. So I went in yesterday and bought the $119.99 toothbrush. I also picked up some extra toothbrush heads and a couple other little items. With the sale and the coupon, I saved ....drumroll please.......$53 on the purchase! So I got $150 worth of merchandise for $97. I was thrilled. And hopefully that little sucker will keep me safe from the evil dentist for a while longer...... I can see it now. My epitaph will read, "Here lies Rachel. She never paid retail." I am such a sucker for a good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home