Saturday, December 04, 2004

Presenting Santa and his Jewish Elves.......

I have mentioned a little bit about my involvement in community theater. It's my home away from home. I currently serve as the President of the group and both my parents and two closest friends sit on the board of directors with me. It's my community and I love it there. It's where I met my husband and where most of my friends spend their time. Our group is not part of the town's recreation department, but we do support/participate in several of their annual functions. Tomorrow is one of those days. "Breakfast with Santa" is in the morning and the tree lighting ceremony on the common is in the evening. Very exciting, I know. Well, I am "elfing" for the breakfast. That entails getting the children onto Santa's lap, taking their pictures, printing them out, and sending them on their merry way. There are two feedings; one at 8:30 and one at 10:30. It's actually kind of fun because the little kids are often decked out in their very best and of course, on their very best behavior in front of the great and powerful, list-checking Santa. It's held at a Marriott in town. The amusing part of this, of course, is that my step-mother and I, the two senior elves are both Jewish. One of the other elves I recruited is also Jewish. Her friend is coming along to lend an elfin hand. She, however, is NOT Jewish. I am glad for that. We wouldn't want to give Santa a complex or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home